We've been dealing with illness here for the last 2 weeks. It started with Jake and moved to the kids and me. All 3 kids and myself went to the doctor today. Here is a rundown:
Peder - Strep
Me - Strep and Sinus Infection.
Here is my adventures of the day:
- I have never had strep in my life. EVER. I was shocked to find out I had it.
- I was given the choice of oral antibiotics for 10 days or a penicillin injection today and no need for oral antibiotics. I chose the injection.
- I hate needles and the shot took FOREVER. I got lightheaded and had to lay down.
- I finally felt better, but exhausted. I decided to go home and take a nap. By the time I'd made it 15 feet from my exam room I was looking for a nurse. I couldn't keep my eyes open.....I was SO tired.
- I passed out on the appointment desk at the clinic. They helped me to another room, got me a nurse and laid me down tilted towards my head. Apparently I was so pale my lips were white.
- It took me a half hour to recover from my lightheadedness/exhaustion enough to be able to drive home.
- I woke up from my nap this afternoon to a temp of 103.4. I called the doctor and am now on a tylenol schedule for the next 48 hours until my body has the infection under control. WA-HOO!
It has been quite the day. I'm still going to be feeling pretty crummy for the next 48 hours, so I'm planning on spending my time in bed as much as possible.
It's been awhile since we've all been this sick. I hope that by next week we'll all be on the mend. I hope none of you are battling all of these illnesses like we are and are able to enjoy the gorgeous weather!
Treasure From Great-Grandma
1 day ago