Today was a good weekend. We had a ton of fun yesterday and today was a very relaxing day. We went to church, grabbed lunch on the way home (a new tradition) and Jake was the only one who didn't take a nap this afternoon (well, Peder technically didn't, but he had quiet time). We played the evening away and just enjoyed some family time at home. So besides the fact that yesterday was horrible on my hips, back and pelvis, we had an excellent day.
Some fun little tidbits from our day:
1. We saw about 10 wild turkeys on the side of the road on our way home from church. One of them was pushing 40 pounds....he was the BIGGEST wild turkey Jake or I had ever seen.
2. Mari went upstairs with Jake and after coming back downstairs she "put the gate back up." At least in the way a 19 month old can. Pretty cute.
3. Emmy giggled and flirted in church today. Everyone was SO happy to see her and to see that she is doing well. She is definitely getting back to her old personality and sweet smiles.
4. Peder told me that I am his best and favorite Mommy in the whole world. He also kissed my owie when Mari stepped on my foot. He melts my heart every day.
5. I took another nap on the chaise lounge today. Ahhhh, I L-O-V-E naps.
A great way to sum up the weekend. Now I need to start getting ready for my scrapbook retreat next weekend. WA-HOO! We have another busy week before I leave and have a lot to do, but I'm really excited.
Nebraska and After
2 days ago