Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ladies of Grace 08 12 2009

It's week 2 of Beth's Ladies of Grace Blog Carnival!

I spent a lot of today thinking about how to have a more open heart in my every day interactions. I haven't been the easiest person to be around lately. I'm crabby, exhausted, overwhelmed and stressed out, which means I'm not very nice. So I'm trying to change that, one person and one interaction at a time.

My story for this week is about a friend of mine. In recent months I've been kind of snarky about her, impatient with her and not very understanding. This past week I changed that. I just decided to stop. I changed my reactions. I intentionally went into conversations with her expecting positive and expecting to GIVE positive responses in return. And I laughed more because of it. Enjoyed our conversations. Just liked her again. She hadn't changed, I changed my perspective on the relationship. It made a world of difference.

Today's Smileys:

1. A great PT appointment. It resulted in a lot of pain, but we also figured out what I really need to work on to get my strength back and reduce my overall pain.

2. A definitive plan for the next 6 months with my orthopedist and great explanations of everything that will be happening from his Physician's Assistant.

3. I have 5 moles on my back that often get caught on my clothing and can be painful. I am getting them removed if insurance covers it. WA-HOO!

4. Mari giving me loving and snuggling right when I need it most.

5. Peder telling me, "Don't smile, Mommy. No smiling allowed!"

6. Major progress on my cross stitch.

7. My mom calling me after every appointment I have. Sometimes it drives me crazy, but I know she does it because she cares about me and loves me.

8. Jesse attacking Mari with kisses.

9. Sounds of the girls tickling each other and giggling away while they are supposed to be napping.

10. Sweet corn, potatoes and onions from my cousin Amanda's and Grandpa's garden.

No comments: