Thursday, August 06, 2009

Ladies of Grace

So I was supposed to post this yesterday, but I seem to be behind on EVERYTHING lately so you get it a day later.

My pal Beth over at Walk A Mile is doing a blog Carnival called Ladies of Grace (see the button on the side of the blog). Here is a quote from her blog describing it more:

This experiment is meant to help us explore and experiment with the simple concept of opening our hearts-simply making space for the Lord and others. Because this experiment is more about becoming than doing , it is simple, doesn't consume time, actually creates energy and therefore self- perpetuating ... This should be easy to do, but I believe the results will be more profound...because we are in search of a new heart...a heart like His!

So this is something I've been working on A LOT since our book group started at church last summer. I've been trying to be more gracious, more understanding and more loving. For quite awhile I would read something in the books and think, "I really wish so and so would read this book. They would learn a lot from it." I quickly stopped that and repeated the mantra my mom used to say to me growing up, "The only person you can control is yourself. Don't worry about what other people are doing."

So I've been thinking what to write about because I was trying to figure out what would be "good enough" for this. I finally decided to write about my PT appointment that I had last week.

My appointment was at 2p and Jake and the kids dropped me off because at that point I was still unable to drive myself more then 20 minutes without a great deal of pain and if I was in pain I couldn't drive at all. I got there about 10 minutes early. I got brought back to the room at about 2:05p and was told the physical therapist would be right in. At 2:40p I went back out to the front desk and asked what was going on. I had debated about walking out the door and not ever going back. I was angry and upset at having to wait that long and also worried about Jake and how he was entertaining the kids. I decided to be patient and just wait a couple of more minutes. I'm SO glad that I did. Several weeks later I am almost completely without muscle pain and the care I've gotten at the PT has been excellent.

If I had let my annoyance guide me and had left I would still be in a great deal of pain and no closer to a solution for my hips. By being patient, opening my heart and being understanding, I have gotten a very positive experience.

Go share your experience at Beth's blog Walk A Mile!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great example...I love it! And don't worry about "being good enough"