Monday, December 28, 2009

Year In Review - January 2009

I decided to do a Year In Review in Pictures for 2009 and because of it, look for multiple posts in one day.  We'll start out with January, which was a big month for Emmy.  All of our pictures for this month are for Emmy and the roller coaster she went through.  This post will be difficult to look at, so if you do not want to see her how she was at her lowest point, please do not read any further.

Emmy had her last colostomy bag change ever.  We were ecstatic that she would no longer have to endure the bag changes, the increased susceptibility to illness and the periodic discomfort from the bags.


Emmy, free of her colostomy bag, before the down swing from the high of no longer having her bag.


This is Emmy on January 31st, 2009.  That morning she woke up vomiting blood and a diaper full of blood.  In the next 24 hours she would have four blood transfusions and one plasma infusion, a endoscopy and a fight for her life.  This is still the hardest thing I have ever seen and I am unashamed to admit that I cried a good cry when I saw these pictures again.  So here is my soapbox, once again:  Donate blood, Save a life like Emmy's.  Our church is having a blood drive at the end of January, if you would like to donate in honor of Emmy's life, let me know and I will get you the information you need.

No comments: