Sunday, January 18, 2009

My 99 Things

So 3 of my blogger pals have done this and I thought it would be interesting to do to.

99 Things
Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to - leave in plain font

1. Started your own blog. (Hello!)
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band. (I'm counting middle school band. I played percussion.)
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world. (Both.)
8. Climbed a mountain. (Mission trips to Colorado and Wyoming helped with this, but I don't think you should imagine me doing this great feat. They were "manageable" climbs.)
9. Held a praying mantis. (We always had them outside one of our houses growing up.)
10. Sang a solo. (In church plays, etc.)
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. (I've been on two cruises, saw a couple of storms come in.)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. (I'm counting scrapbooking, because I just kind of started doing it.)
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning. (Numerous times. Why must I have such a weak immune system?)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight. (They are more frequent now that I have a rowdy 3 year old.)
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. (Mental Health Days ROCK!)
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon.
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run. (Only playing wiffle ball in the backyard with my dad. But it counted then, so it counts now. :))
32. Been on a cruise. (Two....our honeymoon and a Texaribbean.)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. (One of my most favorite places that I've ever visited.)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community. (Many a time. We went to Intercourse, PA when I was in high school. My grandpa thought it was GREAT!)
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke. (This used to be fun in college after a few drinks. Now I prefer going dancing.)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted. (Jake is really into art and drew me while we were on our honeymoon. It wasn't a painting, but close enough.)
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. (We went snorkeling when we were swimming with the Sting Rays on our honeymoon. I'm not very good at it and get claustrophobic.)
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud. (My sister and I had a FANTASTIC time doing this when we moved into our new house between 7th and 8th grade. The yard hadn't been landscaped yet and after a HUGE storm we went and made complete messes of ourselves.)
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre. (Many times. I think we went 3 times last summer alone.)
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served in a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. (I rarely get flowers for a reason. Jake prefers to give them to me "just because" and just to make me smile. I think they only time I ever got them for a reason was when Peder was born. I would have gotten them for the girls too, but his mind was on other things.)
64. Donated blood.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. (My teddy bear Butterscotch. He still sits on Peder's bookshelf)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt. (I made one for Jake our first Christmas together, helped my mom make one for Jake, made one for my mother-in-law and a photo quilt for Jake's grandma.)
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job. (My first one. I was fired the same night that I "saved a life." So I think it was a fair trade off.)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone. (Many. My middle finger, my thumb twice, pretty sure I broke my tailbone and I separated my pelvis.)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. (My guess is that my dad didn't always go EXACTLY the speed limit every time I was on it with him.)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car. (My mini-van. It will be with me for many years.)
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. (Another small town girl.)
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox. (I was a year and a half old. I've also had shingles, I think I was 6 or 7 for that one.)
89. Saved someone’s life. (Not in the traditional sense, but it's enough for me.)
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club. (At my church. Love it!)
93. Lost a loved one. (I've been lucky and so far have only lost my two great-grandmas that were alive when I was born.)
94. Had a baby. (Three. I got a two for one deal with the second pregnancy.)
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone. (We don't even have a land line.)
99. Been Stung by a bee. (A couple of times, but I think it's been 10-20 years since the last time.)

Totals
Already done – 51
Want to do – 35
Haven’t done, no interest - 13

No comments: