Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Post-nap Fog

That's what I'm in right now. But it actually feels good. I was SO exhausted after I put the kids down for a nap that I once again crashed on the chaise lounge. I was also SO freaking cold that I was in my Snuggie blankie, under another blankie and had the GLORIOUS rice filled washcloth my mom made all us girls for Christmas warming me up. I was out in minutes and I think I got about an hour and a half nap in. WON-DER-FUL!

The girls had their 18 month appointments this morning and can I just say how NOT fun that was? Mari was crabby all morning anyway and then she just was not happy about others touching her right now. And Emmy, of course, hates all things medical so she screamed through her whole exam too. At least we got a bit of a comedic break. Mari was so upset about having to get weighed that she refused to sit down, so she was standing on the scale, on the counter top, buck naked just crying. She couldn't get her diaper back on fast enough. Somehow, 5 minutes later her diaper was off and she was walking around the exam room buck naked again. That girl LOVES running off diaperless and now her clinic knows it.

Emmy's weight is still a concern. This morning she weighed in at 17 lbs. 5 ounces. Last week she was 17 lbs. 12 ounces. So once again she got the stomach flu and went back a step. It's very frustrating for us because whenever she makes any progress something happens where she is either hospitalized or gets sick and she loses whatever weight she has gained. Since June of 2008 she has gained a pound. She's actually been up over 18 pounds a couple of times, but we can't seem to keep that weight on. It's VERY hard to know what to do.

On the upside, in one week, ONE WEEK, she will no longer have a colostomy bag. SERIOUSLY! Without the colostomy bag, our hope is that if she gets sick it won't affect her the same and she'll not have as hard a time with it since she'll have use of her colon. I'm so excited! Of course, there is the nervousness that goes along with any surgery and the deep fears that go with it, but this is the surgery we've been waiting for. SO EXCITING!

Tomorrow I have my first PT appointment for my pelvis. Wish me luck! I'm really hoping that tomorrow is the first step in a wonderful recovery process.

This Saturday my parents are taking the kids and we're having our "Christmas Party" with my uncle that I do administrative work for while the kids are napping. We're going to the Downtowner Woodfire Grill. A nice dinner out, a good time and the kids having fun at Grandpa and Grandma's....it will be a GREAT night!

Last night was book group at church. I love those ladies (hi there my other bloggers!) and I love the discussions we have. Right now we're discussing a book on how to revitalize our church. It's VERY interesting to see where people think our church needs to grow and what the strengths are. Last night was just such a good discussion. I went to book club feeling cruddy and exhausted and I left still feeling exhausted but my soul felt lighter. It's SO great to have that.

I want to end today's post with some of my favorite Peder quotes of late. He is constantly cracking me up with his very adult sounding responses to things. So here are some of my favorites:
"Okay, sounds good!"
"Yes, sir!"
"I think it's a good idea."

That's all for now! Thanks for the encouraging notes, they reall do help!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All in all it sounded like good checkups... how funny about Mari and being diaperless! I thought book club was very enlightening...it felt good!