Friday, July 10, 2009

Sadness

Today I found out that a woman I graduated from high school with died in a car accident on the morning of the 4th of July. She left behind a husband, 5 children, her mother, and 7 sisters. It always hits me in the gut when someone I know, even if it was once upon a time, in what seems like a former life, and it is even harder for me when they are my age or have children or both. *sigh* It breaks my heart.

I am adding this note after originally posting this. I just read on cnn.com more about the cemetary controversy in Illinois. I started bawling when I read that not a single mother can find her baby, toddler or child that has been buried at that cemetary. They lost their child once and now they may lose them again. My heart breaks for them and I just broke down. Hold your babies close tonight....

Today's Smileys:

1. Peder's excitement about going to stay at my parents tonight.

2. The girls spent the day in diapers...until 4:30p, because they didn't want to get dressed. Super cute.

3. Emmy peed on the potty this morning! The second time she's done that. And we thought that we would have to wait until she was 3 to find out if it was even possible. GO EMMY!

4. Pride & Prejudice. I love that movie. "You have bewitched me body and soul."

5. Moulin Rouge. This movie is just fun to watch.

6. "Your Song" sung by Ewan McGregor. It's from Moulin Rouge and it was the song Jake and I danced to for our wedding song. It brought back such happy memories today.

7. How much the girls love their daddy.

8. Jake working so hard on birthday cakes for the girls. He is such a great dad.

9. My dad coming to pick up Peder on his lunch break so Peder could go spend the afternoon with my mom and stay over there tonight.

10. Peder called me very excited about the new Lightning McQueen backpack and lunchbox that Grandma got him. It was pretty cute.

Tomorrow is the girls' birthday party. I'm excited....I hope that everyone has fun and that the weather is nice as promised.

No comments: