Tonight Jake and I watched "The Bucket List." In one of the scenes the two men are looking at the pyramids in Egypt and talking about faith, God and the afterlife. Morgan Freeman's character talks about how ancient Egyptians believed that you got into heaven depending on your answer to two questions: 1. Did you find joy in your life? 2. Did you bring joy to others' lives? (I don't know how accurate this is, it is from a movie afterall. But I did find references to it when I did a google search.) I think this is a GREAT way to live your life. If you aren't living with joy, how can you change your life so you are? What can you do to ensure that the way you are living your life is bringing joy to other people?
1. Sleeping in till 8:45a. Nice.
2. Making Father's Day cards.
3. The kids playing in the pool.
4. Making a nice Father's Day supper for my dad: stir fried mushrooms, cream cheese wontons (yep, I made them myself) and thai chicken stir fry.
5. Eating dinner outside.
6. The girls and grandma singing "We All Live in a Yellow Submarine"
7. Emmy howling at Grandma's singing....too funny.
8. Little kids playing outside all evening in their swimsuits.
9. The Bucket List....it was very thought provoking for me.
10. Free movie channels all weekend on DirecTV....once again loading up the DVR!
11. A beautiful evening to sit outside and chat.
6 days ago