Monday, June 01, 2009

A Year Gone By

When people wish you a Happy Birthday, they often wish you another wonderful year. After receiving that well-wish several times on Friday, I started thinking about our last year. It was rough. As a family we had some really big challenges and individually I have been in a constant battle with my hip and pelvis. Things are starting to look up. Emmy is a a fiesty little girl that you wouldn't know was ever sick. People who will meet her now will just think she's small for her age. How wonderful is that?

After having over a month of severe pain, I'm starting to do better. I can make it through the whole morning without having to take a pain pill on most days. I'm still very uncomfortable in the evening and there are certain things that set me off (like walking for extended periods, getting up off the floor, driving and sitting with my hip at a 90 degree or smaller angle), but I'm doing SO much better then I was even 2 weeks ago. Another, how wonderful is that?

Today's Be Happy Song of the Day: Bubbly by Colby Caillat

Today's Smileys:

1. Peder coloring a picture for someone special.

2. Emmy trying to dress herself in her jammies tonight.

3. Emmy helping Jake "fold" the laundry by moving everything he hadn't folded from the chair to the couch.

4. Emmy dressing herself in shorts and then a shirt over her pajama pants and walking around the living room and in to see Daddy in Peder's room.

5. Jake's reaction when he saw Emmy waddling in with a shirt around her ankles.

6. Jake's demonstration of his hula-hooping on the Wii Fit.

7. Making more progress on my cross stitch.

8. A great coupon for Archiver's cardstock.

9. Hopefully getting Jesse's ears taken care of so he is without an infection and can hear us again.

10. My big goon of a lap dog.

No comments: