Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

I'm exhausted today. It's a good exhaustion though, because we went up to my parents' house to celebrate my mom's birthday. We weren't there for long, but everyone seemed to have a good time and we got a good meal out of the deal.

Today's Be Happy Song of the Day: Happy Girl by Martina McBride

Today's smileys:

1. Jake working from home and changing all the diapers for me. One less thing to put stress on my hip.

2. My mom's birthday and the fact that we were able to make it up there this time.

3. Megan's "Windows Down" playlist. We started listening to it on our trip to and from my parents'. I say started because it's 6 CDs long and we got through 1 and a half.

4. Seeing my sister and Randy one last time before they move to Pennsylvania.

5. A surprise phone call that a friend is bringing us dinner for tomorrow night. Two nights in a row of not having to cook....Jake's getting a much deserved break!

6. The fact that Peder asks me to sing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star to him every night before he goes to sleep. I get a big hug from him the whole time. It's very sweet.

7. The shocked and worried look on Mari's face when Grandpa knocked over the row of dominoes. Then the excitement when she realized that it was supposed to happen!

8. Peder loving being at my parents' house so much that he doesn't want to leave.

9. My little beggar children going from adult to adult asking for bites of their strawberry pie.

2 comments:

Megs said...

LOL Sounds like a fun day! (By the way, Mike finished burning the last two discs... I'll bring them next week!)

And pssstt... I know a few of the songs have naughty words (only like 3 of them, maybe)... But you might want to listen to them before playing them for the kids! LOL

Unknown said...

I am happy you were able to get to your mom's house for her birthday...and to see your sister!

yummm I love strawberry pie! Your kids are smart! lol