Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Not Myself

On my way home from Book Group tonight I was thinking about how down in the dumps I've been lately. I am not feeling like myself and it's because I can't be MYSELF! I can't go outside with the kids by myself because I physically can't keep up with that. I can't play on the floor with the kids because I can't get up off the floor without help. I can't scrapbook because sitting and moving around in my scrap area causes me to be very uncomfortable. I love my book group, but 30 minutes into it tonight I was SO uncomfortable I was having trouble focusing on the topics we were discussing.

Jake tells me it takes awhile to get used to, but part of my problem is I DON'T want to get used to it. I want to do those things and I get pretty ticked off when I can't live my life because of this stupid hip. I'm just once again frustrated by this circumstance and keep hoping for a faster resolution then I'm getting. Sorry for the downer post, now on to the good stuff.

Today's Be Happy Song of the Day: Santa Monica by Everclear

My Smileys for the Day:

1. Beth telling me about electronic books for my iPod Touch.

2. Long, hot baths

3. Reading in the bath tub

4. Emmy knocking on the door and yelling, "Mama!" while I'm in the bath tub. Just like every other time I take a bath.

5. My book group ladies....giving me much needed laughter.

6. Jake knowing when I'm having a rough time without me telling him and giving me big hugs.

7. John and Jill's new adventure and their excitement for it.

8. How singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star to my kids immediately results in them laying down and snuggling into bed.

9. The millions of hugs and kisses I get from Peder while singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star to him.

10. Wondering what my life's adventure is.

11. Jake doing the grocery shopping

12. Friends doing things for each other

No comments: