So I look around me and I see my family whom I couldn't love any more if I tried. I see a wonderful, caring, loving, hilarious husband and wonderful father. I see a little boy who is full of energy, testing his limits, handing out hugs left and right, and loves to play games. I see two girls who are learning who they are, one is shy, the other little miss independent. One with a flair for the dramatic, a love of books, a deep affection for all things stuffed and a tendency to follow the crowd. The other is one tough cookie, a HUGE risk taker, a major snuggler and a social butterfly. I helped make this family and they couldn't be more beautiful.
We may not have a ton of money, a large, beautiful house and we give up things for ourselves so our children can have more, but we are still happy. We have fun together. There is a lot of laughter in our house. Love lives here.
Be Happy Song of the Day: Say Hey (I Love You) by Michael Franti and Spearhead
1. A Father and Son spending the afternoon together.
3. The unadultered joy of a 3 year old.
3. Spending time together as a family, even if it is just for a few minutes.
4. Mari's first ponytail.
5. Having twins.
6. Mari taking care of me and tucking me in with her stuffed animals.
7. My parents taking the kids over the night tonight so Jake has a chance to work on projects around the house tomorrow.
8. The girls waving bye to me on their way out to the van. They were all excited to go to Grandpa and Grandma's and would turn around on their way down the sidewalk and yell, "BYE MOM!" and wave to me. Way too cute.
9. Getting some quiet time today.
10. Jake picking up Pride & Prejudice from the library for me.
11. Realizing how lucky we are to want the same things and that the most important of those things is time together as a family.