Saturday, May 09, 2009

Ups and Downs

Today has been a difficult day because I've been dealing with a lot of pain. But I still have wonderful moments of happiness. I have really been appreciating my bright spots lately and am SO in love with my family, it's probably a bit nauseating for everyone else to listen to!


Today's smileys:


1. "Say Hey (I love you)" by Michael Franti and Spearhead. Seriously, this song makes us all dance....even if it means moving my arms around like Mari and Emmy because I can't get up to do it.


2. Peder picked out Madagascar 2 to give to me for Mother's Day. It's cute and hilarious all at once. We will be watching it tonight at our slumber party.


3. Our annual Mother's Day slumber party. Peder and I started the tradition last year and will be continuing it tonight. Next year the girls will be old enough to join us. We have so much fun watching movies, eating popcorn and snuggling on the air mattress.

4. I got an iPod Touch for Mother's Day. I LOVE IT! Seriously, it's SO nice. I will now have something small to keep in my purse for scheduling all of our appointments. Plus it has an address book, internet accessible through any wi-fi, email, weather and I added a lists application. SO COOL!


5. Chipotle for lunch. YUM-O!


6. I got my mom's birthday present today and I think she is going to LOVE it.

7. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I've had discussions about the addictive properties of the minis. I think it applies to all chocolate and peanut butter cup sizes. I CRAVE them, constantly.

8. Cheeseburgers off the grill for supper. (Huh, just realized a lot of my smileys today have to do with food. LOL....I find that SO typical.)

9. Lidocaine Patches. I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating today. Necessary and helpful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Somehow I have missed all your posts this week...whats up with that??lol

Love all your references to food...Sounds like you are trying to make the best of things in all your pain...and thank God for your EARLier surgery date...

Carol E. said...

I admire your ability to celebrate the positives while you are experiencing pain! Sounds like a great day.